These 7 mantras are a perfect way to kickstart your day
We’re entering new beginnings! So why not commit to a fresh start with renewed vigour and purpose. Never forget the importance of your role in educating the upcoming generation who will shape the future.
With that said, we all need a pick-me-up from time to time. Or a moment to reflect, or a moment to prepare, or times where we need to count to 10, before we proceed. Everyone does, so don’t ever think it’s just you or that you can’t deal with a certain thing/situation/student/parent/teacher/interruption/delay/crisis. Delete as applicable.
We’ve selected 7 quotes, mantras and affirmations to read each morning as you prepare for the day and put you in a positive frame-of-mind.
And, if you didn’t know this already...a fun fact to start...
In Sanskrit, the word mantra, is the combination of ‘man’ meaning mind and ‘tra’ meaning instrument, making mantra the tool of the mind.
Here’s the lucky 7...
- Eyes up, phones down, minds open. Surely, the best opening line for any classroom to hear!
- “To teach is to create a space in which the community of truth is practiced”. Parker Palmer. No explanation needed here!
- In this room, we don’t do easy. We make easy happen through hard work and learning. When you’re feeling like you’re running low on gas, remember it’s tough, but it’s always worth it in the end.
- Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift. Gratitude is a really important behaviour to practice. You can’t change the past, but you can make today, the best you can make it, and be grateful for that.
- “Motivation is what got you started, habit is what keeps you going”. Jim Ryun. Remember why you do what you do. It was worth the hard work and effort then, and through determination and practice it gets easier. It really does.
- Be compassionate, fearless and patient. With those 3 skills, you can succeed in everything. Conquer these qualities, and the world is yours.
- Anxiety is contagious, and so is calm. When chaos is all around, remain calm and you’ll attract good to you. Even if your experiences right now are not ideal, practice channelling your energy into something positive.